House Keeping basically makes the provision of a clean, comfortable and safe environment. As the guest enters the foyer he forms an impression of the establishment from its outward appearance. Then after check-in, the guest comes in to contact with the lift and staircase of the Corridor to reach the allocated rooms or lounge and public areas. By this time he/she closely observes the clear lines decor furnishing etc. Thus the prime aim of this well-structured syllabus is to provide a unique balance between theoretical & practical input using advanced teaching aids, followed by industry visit to observe the real time operations.
- Meaning and definition, Importance of Housekeeping
- Responsibility of Housekeeping department
- Personal Hygiene, Sanitation & Safety
- Organization framework of the Department (Large/Medium/Small Hotel)
- Job Description and Job Specification of Staff in the department
- Attributes and Qualities of the Housekeeping staff- skills of a good Housekeeper
- Interdepartmental Co-ordination with more emphasis on front office and the maintenance department
- House keeping control desk, Importance, Role, Co-ordination, check list, key control
- Handling Lost and Found
- Handling of Guest queries, problem, request
- General operations of control desk
- Role of control desk during Emergency
2. Hotel Guest Room
- Layout of guest room (Types)
- Types of guest rooms
- Furniture/Fixtures/Fittings/Soft Furnishings/ Accessories/ Guest Supplies/Amenities in a guest room (to be dealt in brief only)
3. Cleaning Science
- Characteristics of a good cleaning agent
- Types of cleaning agent
- Cleaning products (Domestic and Industrial)
- Room Cleaning and Public Area Cleaning Procedures.
4. Cleaning Equipment
- Types of Equipment
- Operating Principles of Equipment
- Storage, Upkeep, Maintenance of equipment
5. Care and cleaning of different surfaces
- Metal, Glass, Leather, Rexene, Ceramic, Wood, Wall and floor covering
- Bed making procedures and preparing amenity checklist.
The content of this course outline is subject to changes. Material may be added or deleted from courses. Course content is revised on an ongoing basis to ensure relevance and accuracy of information. The instructor will notify students of changes as soon as possible. The course schedule may also need to be adjusted from time to times. In all cases content will be equal to or greater than the original.
- Handouts , Materials
- Lab Manuals
- Soft copy of reference Books
Foundation Level 1: 20 credit hours
Professional Level 2: 40 credit hours
Upon successful completion of training and Internship the graduate students will be rewarded with three certificates, details as below:
- Course completion certificate from Institute
- Course completion certificate from KHDA – Government of Dubai
- Internship certificate upon successful completion of Internship period
Why to choose Bright Future Training Institute Dubai ?
Bright Future is top ranked training center in Dubai, which has been delivering dynamic training solutions for job seekers, industry professionals and corporate companies. The salient features of taking training at Bright Future Training Institute, Dubai are as below;
1. Individual attention
2. Hands on practice
3. Classroom training
4. Online Sessions
5. Industry Visit
6. Interview Skills
7. Internship & Job assistance
8. Accommodation & travelling support
- MBA (Human Resource Management, Marketing & Hospitality) – Rajasthan Technical University
- Bachelor of Business Administration (Marketing) – J.N.V. University
- Competent and talented professional having more than 11 years of experience as Human
Resource and Business Development Manager in different industries such as Hospitality,
Education, FMCG, Real Estate, Media & Marketing.
- CPD certified – HR Summit & Expo – 2017, 2018 & 2019
- Extensive cross-functional leadership experience as a Trainer (Soft skills) & Lecturer (Hotel and
Hospitality), Motivational Speaker, Recruitment, Selection, Payroll, Business Development,
Team Management. Good at cementing lasting relationship between company and employees
for ensuring long-term revenue growth.
- Designing and providing Training for major departments of Hotel such as Front Office, Food &
Beverage, Housekeeping, Sales and Marketing of Hotel for more than 2.8 years.
- HACCP awareness training from Food Safety Department – Dubai – with 89%.
- Attended various Hospitality conferences and seminars.
- Member of Top 150 Hospitality Leaders of UAE.
- First Aid (Basic) & First Aid – Emergency First Aid at work , Emergency Escape and Self Rescue,
Stress management Trainer.